John M. Doherty
Ocean Circulation & Climate
Investigating ocean-climate interactions of the past and present
1) Doherty JM & Thibodeau B, submitted, Emissions-dependent changes to oceanic circulation reshape nutrient supply and primary productivity patterns in the high-latitude North Atlantic.
2) Doherty JM, Ling Y, Not C, Bauch HA, Paytan A,
Thibodeau B, in review for Science Advances, Nordic Seas drove overturning circulation under interglacial freshening.
3) Doherty JM, Williams B, Kline E, Adey W, Thibodeau B, in review for Paleoceanography and Paleoclimatology, Climate-modulated nutrient conditions along the Labrador Shelf: Evidence from nitrogen isotopes in a six-hundred-year-old crustose coralline alga.
4) Rodriguez M, Doherty JM, Man HLH, Wang R, Xiao W, Zhou B, Not C, 2020. Intra-valve elemental distributions in Arctic marine ostracodes: Implications for Mg/Ca and Sr/Ca paleothermometry. Geochemistry, Geophysics, Geosystems https://doi.org/10.1029/2020GC009379
5) Doherty JM and Thibodeau B, 2018. Cold water in a warm world: Investigating the origin of the Nordic Seas’ unique surface properties during MIS 11. Frontiers in Marine Science 5, 251
Exploring the response of marine ecosystems to environmental change
1) Doherty JM, Luo Z, Kenny R, Cybulski JD, Raymundo L, Kim K, in prep., Multicentennial records of environmental change in two Guamanian reef flats.